Enhanced Forensic Access to iPhone/iPad/iPod Devices running Apple iOS
Perform the complete forensic acquisition of user data stored in iPhone/iPad/iPod devices running any version of iOS. Elcomsoft iOS Forensic Toolkit allows eligible customers acquiring bit-to-bit images of devices’ file systems, extracting device secrets (passcodes, passwords, and encryption keys) and decrypting the file system image. Access to most information is provided instantly.
Features and Benefits
- An all-in-one, complete solution
- Acquire complete, bit-precise device images
- Decrypt keychain items, extract, device keys
- Quick file system acquisition: 20-40 minutes for 32 GB models
- Zero-footprint operation leaves no traces and no alterations to devices’ contents
- Fully accountable: every step of investigation is logged and recorded
- Supports all versions of iOS from 3 to 8
- Passcode not required (*)
- Simple 4-digit passcodes recovered in 10-40 minutes
- Physical and logical acquisition supported
- Mac and Windows versions available
- Automatic and manual modes available
Access More Information than Available in iPhone Backups
ElcomSoft already offers the ability to access information stored in iPhone/iPad/iPod devices by decrypting data backups made with Apple iTunes. The new toolkit offers access to much more information compared to what’s available in those backups, including access to passwords and usernames, email messages, SMS and mail files. Huge amounts of highly sensitive informationf stored in users’ smartphones can be accessed. Historical geolocation data, viewed Google maps and routes, Web browsing history and call logs, pictures, email and SMS messages, usernames, passwords, and nearly everything typed on the iPhone is being cached by the device and can be accessed with the new toolkit.
Real-Time Access to Encrypted Information
Unlike previously employed methods relying on lengthy dictionary attacks or brute force password recovery, the new toolkit can extract most encryption keys out of the physical device. With encryption keys handily available, access to most information is provided in real-time. A typical acquisition of an iPhone device takes from 20 to 40 minutes (depending on model and memory size); more time is required to process 64-Gb versions of Apple iPad. The list of exceptions is short, and includes user’s passcode, which can be brute-forced or recovered with a dictionary attack.
Elcomsoft iOS Forensic Toolkit can access iOS secrets including most keychain items, opening investigators access to highly sensitive data such as login/password information to Web sites and other resources.